Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Brushing up on a foreign language

Before traveling to a foreign country, it is always nice to be able to speak a bit of the language or at least understand what someone is saying.

Emerging yourself in the language is of course the best way to learn a language. However, when your partner or most of your friends speak your native language it is even more difficult to break from the habit of speaking your native language.

Even if you take 15 minutes a day to learn or brush up on a foreign language, the payoffs in the long run will be notable. For me, Learning French is something I have been working on for 10 years or more. I took classes when I was young but then took a 9 year break from any type of learning. It has hurt me a lot as a result.

If you learn anything like me, the best way to Learning French is to immerse yourself completely in the language and not speak any English whatsoever.

Since I am going to Switzerland over the summer, I will be brushing up on both languages, Learning French as well as Learning German


To find out more on what I use go to :Learning French OR
Learning German

As the French say, the best way to learn the language is through the pillow.

To success in learning any language.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment