Sunday, August 07, 2005

Inspired by Travel Writing

Yesterday was our last full day before we are off for Europe. I'm so excited inside to actually know I'll take some time and relax given that I won't have my laptop with me for the first time. We went out to dinner as we didn't really want to have anything left over in the fridge before our departure. The guys in the restaurant told us they had visited Switzerland. We were amazed and made some good conversation out of it in the executive suite.

We did a bit of shopping yesterday and Patrick was successful in finding what he wanted clothing wise. I of course wasn't too successful finding anything, but it all made up for it by the end of the day.

We decided to take a look at the local Chapters bookstore to see if we could find a book to take with us. To my surprise as I was walking to the travel photography section, I stopped dead in my tracks when I came upon Travel Photography. Almost French grabbed my arm and pulled me in. I'm loving what I have read so far as it seems to be a story about my life as well. I guess I'll let you know how things go once I get back from Switzerland. But to me the travel book will be a success if I am almost done by the time we land.

1 comment:

  1. I was able to finish the book solely by reading it on the plane as that was the goal. The book was absolutely fabulous. I think I liked it so much because I could completely relate to the situation.

    Can see why so many books were sold.

    ReplyDelete