Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Are You Effected By Lack of Sleep

As most people know, The US is fueled by people who are working too many hours and not getting enough sleep. I think it's more than just the US who is guilty of getting their fair share of fixes with their morning cup of Starbucks Coffee. According to a report put out by the Washington Post, the lack of sleep many people are getting may be more harmful than you think.

The article says their findings showed there was evidence of lack of sleep to obesity. I'm not one to jump too far to conclusions, but I do find some lack of other evidence. I'm a firm believer that if you actually supplement your body with natural foods and fruits, keep away from refined and packaged foods, much of what you see linked from lack of sleep can also be eliminated.

The article "Scientists Finding Out What Losing Sleep Does to a Body" at least brings up a few things we should make sure we are aware of.

As I found out when I lived in Switzerland, many people do enjoy the same foods and pleasures but more in moderation. Thank goodness there is always Sunday to catch up on sleep, exercise and family bonding in areas such as Switzerland and Europe. I see less of a problem in Europe because they use less packaged foods and more foods made from scratch with more organic materials.

I'd like to see scientists research go beyond just places in the US as this is a world problem and not just something happening only in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment