Friday, November 18, 2005

3 Weeks Until I Enjoy My New Life

I'm going to be a new person in just 3 weeks. Why? Because the man at the marriage license facility told us so. He told us to "Enjoy your new life". I'm not really sure what makes it so different from before that special day to the day after, but I guess we will just have to take the journey upon us to find out.

I think it's something to the effect that if you let stardum get to you, it can. Maybe it's all of the gifts you think you might be getting for the life you are starting as a married couple. Maybe it's the days you spend living together. Maybe its the fact that I can claim myself as a Canadian some time next year.

But reflecting on other aspects of my life, really I don't think I was a changed person after I made a huge stepping stone in my life. I never acted differently after making it to NCAA's. I held my head a bit higher and I was certainly proud of my achievement. Maybe this is what will happen. Maybe it's just another step in the road. But for now, I'm just concentrating on everything I NEED to accomplish this weekend. You know, ordering the wedding cake, the flowers, getting my dress fitted, making sure all of the little details are all ironed out.

But for now it's back to the normal parts of my every day life, so I'm off to go run and enjoy my not so new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment