Sunday, November 13, 2005

Entertainment at its Finest

Confession time. I haven't exactly been accomplishing everything on my to-do list for a number or reasons, but mainly because I've been too entertained and off in my own world. In writing this, it appears I might be feeling a wee bit down lately, but nothing all too serious when you look at my excuses. Really life is great when you think about what I've been able to accomplish for the first time. Here's my list:

1. I think I've become a great procrastinator.
When I was younger, I wished I could procrastinate and do things on the fly and in the nick of time. Well I think my wish has finally come true because I've got a ton of work to do, but lately it just hasn't been an appealing thing to accomplish. Sure one might think I do a lot of work, but really I at least haven't been doing what I should be doing. I think time's just flying too fast. Maybe the minutes are just getting shorter in the day?

2. My executive in crime has dragged me out too much.
Yeah I'd admit coming home at 1am with Mr. P 2 days in a row hasn't left me much time to want to get back on track. But at least I've had a bit of fun doing it. I've learned a few new games along the way.

3. I've been trying to check off the wedding to-do list.
Can you hear that procrastination in my voice? Well less than a month left and we will be officially husband and wife. The plans are going well and we really don't have too much left to accomplish. Firsts for everything, right. But really I hate parting at the end of the week to go back to work. Hoping this will end soon.

4. Blogs entertain me too much.
Sometimes reading a great blog is so much more fun than accomplishing what I should be doing. For me, it's like sitting down and reading a great book. You get so immersed in it all, you just don't want to put it down until you finish. Thanks TSB and AG for the entertainment and inspiration for writing.

I think I'll fess up to option number 1 the most, in that the minutes in the day just keep dwindling away. Maybe my lack of a great view most of the time has something to do with procrastination. I'm just in my own world and well I hope I snap out of it eventually. Maybe it's a growing step again in my life. But really life is much better than I'm painting it out to be.

Ending off on a better note - I'd like to add that I did do something for the first time this weekend. Carcassonne was what I did. It's not really an accomplishment.

But I'd rather starting thinking about accomplishing "what haven't I done in my life, what could I go and do ?" I think the next year will be filled with accomplishing the things I haven't done in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment