Friday, November 18, 2005

Mountains Filled With Fun

Yesterday our local ski hill called Grouse Mountain offered the entire day of free skiing. If I had all of my ski equipment up here in Canada, I think I would have gone also. But seeing that I only have the clothing part, I've got to decide how I'll get my equipment up here soon. There's already 130cm of snow base and I'm actually a 10 minute drive from the parking lot.

It seems Grouse isn't the only mountain trying to entice skiers and snowboarders to come up and try the new season out. With such a bad snowfall and season last year, there are high hopes for this year to be at least somewhat normal. So far Canada is looking good as almost all of the local small hills are already open for business. It's also been rumored that more people are snapping up their season passes early.

All of these resorts have one thing in common, they all make their own snow which gives them advantage of having a lot more runs open a lot earlier in the year. And yes the view is that incredible from atop of Grouse Mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment