Friday, December 30, 2005

Campbell River Outing

On the 27th of December, we all set out to have lunch at the top of Mt. Washington. That morning it began raining heavily and I was seriously doubting heading up that way at all. By the time we got half way up the mountain, blankets of snow were around us. That was too much of a match for our front wheel drive mini van. So we turned around and headed out to Campbell River.

Campbell River is about 60 kilometers north of Comox and somewhere that I had never seen before. I guess it's a rather small fishing town and retirement resort which employs people at its local pulp mill. We had a lovely lunch right at the waterfront with a wide choice of seafood dishes to choose from. P and I both opted for some type of salad since we were feeling like we had been fed a bit much over the holidays.



I did manage to take a few wonderful photos of the area. It's so serene and different than Vancouver. The most noticeable difference is that you can bald eagles flying around which is definitely a treat. All in all, the excursion was a welcomed treat and something I really wouldn't see every day on the mainland.

No comments:

Post a Comment