Saturday, January 21, 2006

Fait Le Bob

I'd definitely would rather be sledding today. As the month passes away, I was thinking of this time of year in Switzerland. The snow usually starts falling heavily which makes for a perfect time to head up and "fait le bob".

This is a photo I took on the 8th of February in 2003 as we started sledding down the hill with 2 year olds. They love this type of thing and are still small enough to fit on the sled with you.

It was really good exercise too. We went for 3 full runs which lasted a few hours and was a lot of work on my stomach muscles and legs. But as you can see on this day, it was quite warm and so pleasurable to be sledding on a road that cars use.

In the village of les avants, the entire village is not plowed just so everyone can sled during the dull hours where traffic comes to a stand still. Let me tell you this was one of the best kept secrets to the area and I was so glad to have had to chance to experience sledding up there. I'm sure there are many great areas for sledding in Switzerland but this area above Montreux sports views to die for too.

No comments:

Post a Comment