Saturday, January 21, 2006

Grape Juice For Adults

Today I was offered some wine of my choice, so I picked the best sounding stuff out of the bunch. I giggle when I hear a name like this, but really for anyone who doesn't speak any French it must sound incredibly funny to hear the name for the first time.

Luckily for me, I'm not in that first timer category but I just had to take a photo of the wine bottle for my own viewing pleasure. Don't you think it's just a sticky name for a French wine...

Would you like some Phoque Rouge Also?



Click on the photo to enlarge. This particular wine was just average, but then again when all wine is so expensive in BC you usually just go for average all of the time. Phoque Rouge comes from the South of France, maybe Coteaux Des Baronnies with a Syrah, Grenache grape. The wine is a soft and round dry wine which is best with meat and cheeses. That was exactly what we used it for.

No comments:

Post a Comment