Monday, January 02, 2006

What 2006 Brings

I'm not one for making new years resolutions nor is P but I certainly can look ahead for what the future will hold for us this year. Of course I've had a lot of life changing things happen in this past month because we are married now.

Since we are married, we are finally going to be living closer to each other, more like in the same apartment. Finally! It's been a hard time basically living in another city during the week and only seeing P on the weekends. So by the end of the month, we will finally have our own apartment together. I should be able to surprise P a few nights by making him dinner but that all depends when I get off work which is later than him.

We also will be sending in the Permanent Residence application for Canada. I started the process back in October by sending out my finger prints to the respected countries. There's still a tie up with two of these countries, so let's hope this get back to me soon. I'll be applying for a work permit which doesn't have limitations attached to it. I'll have freedoms which I haven't had since 2001.

It's been a long time since I've actually felt like any other person from the country I was living in. I hope for this dream to come true by the end of summer. I'll be free to live where I want and be part of a community. It's what I've dreamt of doing since I left the US in 2001. So there will be a lot of busy times in the next month or so, but it's all a welcomed change for what is ahead for the future. I know some of you will have big changes as well in your future and I can't wait to read about them as they unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment