Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Dana Reeve Dies

1961-2006
I woke up this morning to the news that Dana Reeve, the wife of Christopher Reeve, has died of lung cancer at the age of 44. Dana Reeve was a singer and aspiring actor when she met her husband, the famous superman. Ironically enough, she never smoked.

For me it's so hard to fathom her death, let alone the death of Christopher Reeve, not even 1 year later. I'm venturing to guess her parents along with Christopher's are the one's who will be taking care of Will Reeves, their 13 year old son. Aren't the grandparent's supposed to be the one's who are survived by their kids?

Hall of Famer Kirby Puckett also passed away at age 44, from an apparent heart attack. Life has been taken by two really wonderful people. The news of both of these people dying makes me take a step back to make sure I really take in every moment I spend with the special people in my life. Take a moment today to live life to the fullest and appreciate the people around you that mean the most to you.

**Some deeper thoughts. As I was driving home in the car today here in Vancouver, as story was told about a blogger who wrote this about Dana Reeve today. I'll do my best to remember how her blog post went. **


The news today of the passing of Dana Reeve really hit home for me. My mom passed away when she was just 42 years of age of Lung Cancer. I was 21 one at the time but I did have an 8 year old sister who was just 5 years younger than Will. I really felt a connection with her and am sure to feel Will's pain. My mother's life was taken away from us but for Will that pain must be greater with loosing both parents within a year and a half time. Somehow I understand what Will is going through. Lung Cancer is something that affects women more than any other disease, something that took Dana's life in just 5 short months. I just hope more people don't have to see such a horrible disease which is too hard to watch as the people you love struggle until the end.


That was about how I heard it from the radio today, and so touching at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment