Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Good Bad and Ugly

Well yesterday it was dreary outside, but not really pouring rain. So I decided to take a few pics indoors hoping to improve my photography more.

My photo subject was absolutely beautiful and vibrant in my eyes. But I'm not so sure all of my shots were that good, making the subject uglier and less vibrant than I wanted to portray.

The good thing is that I'm learning and I am trying to figure out the lighting and set up manually. I've mastered the auto everything but that's not what I want to do. I've also found out what other lenses I'd like to buy. So here are a few the best of the shots of the bunch.

I'm well aware that getting vibrant, perfect, yet flawless pics usually require a lot of retouching. But still, I secretly want to be perfect.

With taking these photos, I want to be able to photograph a subject without putting it on an auto select style. I know it just takes practice and learning what works best for each situation.


For now, I know I've mastered auto everything. Now I'm moving on to learn the comparible of how to drive a manual car, understand? I think my shots would improve if I got myself a different lense as the one I have isn't as compatible as I'd like.


Using my tripod would have helped a lot too!

No comments:

Post a Comment