Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Lonsdale Quay

Since most of last week was sunny, I planned with P to take a walk down to our waterfront and enjoy the views while taking a few photographs as well. North Vancouver's Lonsdale Quay is quite an experience full of tourists throughout most of the summer months. For me walking down to this touristy spot, known to locals as "the key", the views are always amazing even if the weather isn't 100% as I would like it. Well I know growing up in California with near perfect temperatures 90% of the time just does that to me. I want good weather always!

So we took a few pics and my little camera started to malfunction. I was getting worried because I love this little camera and well I don't understand why this is happening. I love being able to tote it around in a tiny purse and just catch an instant shot when I can.

So I'm hoping you guys might be able to tell me what the problem is. At times I can just turn the camera back on and it looks like the top photo. But throughout most of our walk, the camera was malfunctioning and the photos looked like the following...
This is the Lonsdale Quay waterfront. It's under construction as you can see by the boards. To me the photo looks like a fuzzy camera. Do you see it? By the way, usually most camera's have a preview area. The photos look exactly the same on the preview (or to the eye) and while I am scanning to take a pic.


Has anyone else experienced a malfunction like this on their camera?

At any rate, I've been looking at a few inspirational photos today. I have some great flower subject which I hope to find the time to photograph tomorrow. We shall see. High hopes!

Update: The camera is a Fuji Finepix 4800 Zoom. See Website link for lots more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment