Sunday, May 14, 2006

Noticing the small things in life.

*** I've decided to enact a special guest blogger. So if there are a few extra posts every now and then, I think you'll know who it will be. So Welcome P!


Enter P... (Yay, I'm a guest blogger!)

Lately, I've been feeling like I should stop worrying about the "big picture" and focus more on the small things in life that, at a glance, don't seem so important but, in reality, can bring so much mystery and joy to life. So I decided to explore the "macro" feature on my camera this weekend and try to find scenes in nature that might bring back the sense of wonder that I used to get as a child when I stared at a plant or object for too long. I miss that feeling sometimes.

Queen Elizabeth park in Vancouver was the destination for Expat and I on saturday. At first, I wasn't in much of a photo mood but after a while, I started finding little treasures that needed their pictures taken.


I took the one above because of the new growth sprouting from a branch but afterwards I noticed the sap pearls coming out of the bark and thought it made the image look even nicer.

The image below is again with the macro setting but this time, I just placed the camera on a branch and clicked. Surprisingly, it turned out nicely with the textures in the bark looking almost like geological pictures from a NASA probe.


Just goes to show that sometimes the most beautiful things in life are staring you right in the face and you don't even know it :)

Hope you all liked my first post on Expat's blog. With my camera handy, I'll write you all every once in a while, stay tuned...

P.

No comments:

Post a Comment