Thursday, May 11, 2006

Waiting is the Hardest Part

Here's a bit of a rant about my week and well I'm not so sure I knew where I was going but this cat certainly gets my point across...

All week I keep waking up trying to pry my eyes open, just wishing for a minute longer of sleep. I know, I'm sure I'm not the only one lacking sleep. But since I've been really striving to make myself get up early, it's been that much harder. Yes an alarm clock would help too!

This week I've found myself going non-stop all day long. I've been following up on my to-do lists daily and trying to make sure I accomplish what I should be doing. I think I even made three incredible dinner dishes. Monday I made something with pork. I remember Tuesday was Shepards Pie made from scratch with yummy white potatoes, lean ground beef mixed into a delicious sauce, which too long to make. Yesterday was some perfectly cooked salmon which just peeled off the foil and onto your fork. I was proud of myself but with everything else I did, that little amount of extra effort just killed me as it so seems.

And just to let you know, I'm not that much of a cook. In my teens and early twenties, I was swimming so I never really made dinner. That's a lot of practicing I missed out on. And when I grew up my parents never added taste into our foods. But my only real goal is for the food to actually taste good. Well good enough so that people finish it.

With all this extra effort I've been putting into my daily tasks, I find by the time I get home and actually try to relax, all of my effort goes into dreaming. The good side of things, is that I've found a few new internet sites, some of the dreaming rubs off on P, and well I've been learning a lot.

But I think all of this tiredness is caused from waiting. I never thought waiting for my immigration papers would wear me out so much. I'm still on the waiting list for my application to be assigned to an actual person. So I find myself dreaming and thinking of what my goals are in the future. It's true it puts a certain drain on a person that really isn't seen all too clearly, especially since I feel like I'm putting much of my life on hold just waiting. And at times that waiting is the hardest part.

No comments:

Post a Comment