Sunday, June 04, 2006

Cloudy Skies


Winter Clouds of Vancouver
Originally uploaded by thnkfst.
We had a lot of clouds yesterday in the sky, and rain today. I loved the look yesterday as it was a bit like this photo at times. I was trying to do a bit of photography practice yesterday along with a lot of reading. I really want to improve, get better and have that perfect photo without doing any alterations. I'm convinced it can be done!

I know some of you have expressed some interest in my photography lessons and to just get some better hints about taking photos. I read most of Ken Rockwell's website yesterday and learned a lot. For me it's great because he owns a Nikon D70 and goes through all of the steps and functions to taking wonderful photography.

If you have a chance you should check out some of the "how to" stuff he has. This guy is truly brilliant because he wants to help people and teach people because of his love, which is what I want to.

I think I really like Ken because he stresses great photography comes to those who wait and make sacrifices. I get a bit p'd off when I got into flickr because so many photographers and flickrites themselves want a vibrant photo with extreme photo shopping and alterations (like the fake magazines that rule this world). That's just not me because I just hate fake people. They boil my blood every time. I'm a perfectionist in my own mind, real and I boldly say things straight from my mouth. I follow my own path for a reason...

I know I'm not an expert and don't have extremely great photos, but I get a few shots every now and then that I deem being vibrant and real.

Having said that, I'd suggest anyone read about the Nikon D70 and it's settings on "how to get great color". I'm sure you can figure out where to go simply by getting onto any of his pages.

You also might want to check out this site for reviews on cameras such as the Panasonic Lumix LZ5 for under $400 . For me personally, I'm wishing I could get a handy pocket point and shoot which I can take with me everywhere because my Nikon just can't travel with me to the store.

I'm just following my heart and enjoying my life. Isn't that what we should be doing anyhow?

No comments:

Post a Comment