Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Montreux Marche de Noel

On Friday, the famous Montreux Christmas Market opens. There are many attractions and I understand since I've left Montreux in 2003, the market just keeps on getting better!

The biggest attraction is the great "hot wine" and typical food from Finland underneath the big tent. If you'd like to go ice skating, it's 7CHF to get on the ice from 11am until 9pm. Yes they close early in this sleepy family town.

This article in 24 heures reminded me of what I got to look at while they worked nearly 1 month to put up the Montreux Marche du Noel.

Some of the newest attraction for Montreux Christmas include:

Hours include:
  • from Friday, November 24th 2006
    to Sunday, December 24th 2006
  • Monday through Saturday: 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
  • Sunday: 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.

  • Be sure to check out the great photos from previous markets. Now I'm definitely wishing I could join in on the fun this year!

    I also hear there are Christmas Markets in Lausanne and Basel.

No comments:

Post a Comment