Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Olive Bread and Blueberry Cobbler

It's true that Blueberry Cobbler and olive bread don't go well together, but eating the two in one weekend is pure heaven to me. It all started over the weekend, P and I found some of my favorite fresh Olive Bread at the store. It just so happened that I was so disgusted by the salads they sell in restaurants that I wanted to make a great salad full of baked pecans, feta cheese, veggies etc, and of course olive bread topped brushetta, and mozzarella.


I managed to take a photo of the bread before we ate all of it, full of large whole olives!

Next goal on the list was to make a blueberry cobbler who Pumpkin from My French Window makes often. Topped with a bit of powered sugar and it was incredible!

Makes 8 servings

2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
2/3 cup low-fat milk
2 Tbsps. margarine, melted
2 cups blueberries, cleaned and washed

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir in the milk, and mix the batter until it is smooth. Pour the melted margarine into a 1 or 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Pour in the batter, and sprinkle the blueberries on top.
  3. Bake the cobbler for 40 - 45 minutes or until it is lightly browned. (It only took 35 mins for our cobbler to look that brown.)

I managed to get in one photo before it was all gobbled up. And I want to thank Pumpkin also for the inspiration to get back to parlering en Francais plus! Now if that isn't franglais for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment