Here try one - A Chocolate Pomegranate Seed...
Guess what happened? They tasted incredible!
So I have to figure out how to make them. Here's a quick basic recipe that isn't so extravagant.
And it's my favorite treat, chocolate!
Use - 10 min 5 min prep
|1||bag semi-sweet chocolate chips|
| ||wax paper|
- Refrigerate the pomegranates (not required, but it helps).
- Remove all the seeds and place them in a colander.
- Gently rinse the seeds, then lay them out on paper towels to let them dry.
- Lay out a large sheet of wax paper on a a cookie sheet which will fit inside your refrigerator
- Melting the chocolate the easy way: put the chocolate chips in a glass container (I'd use my big 4-cup Pyrex measuring thingy) and microwave them until they're melted, stirring occasionally; don't overdo it, though- you don't want the chocolate to burn or get tough.
- Melting the chocolate another way: in a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips (if you don't have a double boiler a metal or oven-safe glass dish over boiling water works too); stir constantly while melting so you don't scorch the chocolate.
- Add the pomegranate seeds to the melted chocolate (making sure the seeds are not wet on the surface, or else the chocolate can seize) and fold gently with rubber spatula until the seeds are thoroughly covered, then spoon out globs of the mixture, whatever size you like, on to the wax paper
- Place the wax papered cookie sheet in the refrigerator and let the chocolate-covered seeds cool overnight (or for as long as you can stand before tasting them).
- Keep refrigerated- they should keep for 3-4 days, at least, although I doubt they'll last that long once you taste them.