From my French Window tagged me for the Seven Random Things Meme. I won't be too creative but I'll list some random facts most people don't know at all.
1. My family is originally from Oslo, Norway and the other half somewhere in England. I wanted to visit the family I still have living near the border of Germany and the Netherlands before I had to leave my life in Switzerland, but I never did. Some of P's family is originally from Ireland but his mom's side comes from old Quebec.
2. Since pre-school I would day dream about living so far away and in my mind it was in Europe. To this day, a day won't go by without me feeling the need to go back to live where I feel like I belong. I long for living in Europe as much as one craves turning on the tv. I'd like to pick Switzerland but France, Germany or the Netherlands would do just fine too. Now the pressure is on dear P to say yes to my dream.
3. I'm a very competitive person but the only way you can really tell this today is by my punctuality and the presence of me being near the front of every line. Must be genetics.
4. I saw a home computer from age 1.5 years, was literally learning on one by age 5 and learned how to program in C and Visual basic at age 7 in order to play video games. That means I've been using the computer for about 30 years of my life already.
5. I've been accessing email and on the internet since 1992 when there were only 2 choices for Internet providers. The Internet ran on a 5600k modem and took almost 1 minute to get online.
6. My original email name was thought up while driving on the road. I got it from the phrase think it, believe it, achieve it. But the actually name is a biking company minus some vowels. I still use a version of that name today.
7. My first ever friend from Switzerland I met using an online group or some other internet means. I met him in person less than 1 month after being in Switzerland and stayed in his lovely farm house. He has helped me learn a lot about Swiss culture too and has been a great touring guide to different areas of Switzerland. You can find him on blog roll also.
Here are the rules which you must abide by if you are tagged.
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
3. Tag 3 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
I am tagging my dear Swiss Friend PFlight2000, Canadian-Swiss, Green Haddock.