Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Personal Fascination

Besides being obsessed with all things Switzerland, I have to admit I'm quite obsessed with architecture, especially all over Europe. But I absolutely adore architecture anywhere and everywhere and very often bore P to death watching some of the home shows we get here in Vancouver.

If they have anything to do with cement, being green or just a plain old European look, I'm glued. Well okay, it's usually easier than that, but I think you get the point.

I was watching Holmes on Homes this evening and was mesmerized by the show. The couple had gone through a lot to get their end product but I think it was well worth it. Here's a screen shot from my computer.
What impressed me with the house was the overall look, the use of eco-friendly materials and energy resources, along with an end product to make my mouth melt..

They used such designs as lot of cement, eco-friendly roofs, mold resistant interiors and really making the most out of the least. The biggest kicker is the sustainability of house for years to come. I'm sure they'll have a few more visitors now.

Check out the awesome pics here for yourself and the front of the house.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's really cool. I'll have to look more closely when I come back from work this evening.

    ReplyDelete