Thursday, June 05, 2008

One Year Ago

One June 5th, 2007 I became a landed immigrant of Canada - nearly 4.5 years after deciding that was what I was going to do...

Immigration definitely was not a short journey as I look back to January of 2006 in my post about immigration and already a good 4 months into my application at that time.

It's been 4 years since I've left Switzerland.

4 years since I've been back in North America and not a day has gone by that I wished I could move back to my previous dwelling a la Suisse.

And 3 years and counting since I started this blog and planning my first trip with P to Switzerland.

And so I figured why not put a photo up from 4 years ago, only one month after returning from Switzerland.

6 comments:

  1. Happy anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your post about leaving Switzerland. It made me think about when we returned to the States for six months to live again after being in France for almost three years. I had tears in my eyes watching Paris disappear and not knowing when I would see France again. Thankfully, I had three young children to keep me busy during the plane ride.

    I can relate to the feeling of energy and life in Europe. I feel much better living in France or Switzerland no matter how much I do love America.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has it really been a year since you achieved your immigration goal! My, time sure has flown. I remember all the agonies you went through while waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:18 PM

    Happy anniversary!

    Do you really miss Switzerland that bad? I love visiting France mostly for my family (and ham/ butter/ pickle sandwich) but I wouldn't want to go back to live there.

    What do you miss?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes... more about what you miss so that I can go out and experience it for the both of us! ;)

    Having just landed in Switzerland, I am very intrigued in your Swiss homesickness...

    I have to admit, I feel very comfortable here and like to remind my husband that we probably aren't leaving.

    Why not come back? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversaries, ET! I sure remember the tough times and frustrations you had with the immigration! Glad THAT's over! :)

    ReplyDelete