Thursday, September 15, 2005

Living a Healthy Lifestyle

I've been reading a great book for the past week (4-Week Ultimate Body Detox Plan) which has really told me I'm not as healthy as I thought. I mean I do live quite a healthy lifestyle including working out every day, but this just isn't enough.

When I had returned from Switzerland, I had a lot of trouble adjusting to the "North American" lifestyle again. There were so many supplies in Europe that I just loved so much more. In the 4-Week Ultimate Body Detox Plan, there are so many examples of what not to eat and lets me know I was really eating better while in Switzerland.

Here are a few examples:
Our bodies are extremely toxic and in order to live a healthy lifestyle, here are a few recommendations which really stood out in the 4-Week book so far.

1. I completely understood why so many north american's are obese at some astounding rate of about 60% compared to about 13% in Switzerland and Europe. One of the main reasons I gather is because north american's want convenience and as a result of convenience you loose that nutritional lifestyle many European choose to live.

2. There is an actual justifications of why we should drink water. I know everyone hears drink 8 to 10 glasses of water each day. BUT WHY? Here's why. By drinking the recommended amount of water daily, you are cleansing your body of the toxins. If you don't drink enough water, those toxins are re-absorbed back into your body and blood. Leaving you with a toxic body and well read the book to find that out.

3. Why drink milk? I don't know...
The answer to it is quite simple, Milk is not a human food. It is designed for baby cows, not humans. No other animal species even drinks milk beyond infancy, so why do we? We are conditioned to drink it. The Milk Producers would be out of jobs so they advertise it. In fact, Milk is not a source of calcium in humans.

So although much of north america does have an influence on the rest of the world, people in Switzerland and Europe in general take the time to slow down and care about what goes into their bodies. Go look at how big their groceries stores are. What is the first thing you see when you walk into a Swiss grocery store? Fruits and Veggies...

Imagine life without all of the pesticides and more fruits and veggies.. We'd all be a bit healthier. As well Lance Armstrong and Maria Shriver will be launching an obesity campaign to tackle this subject in California..

No comments:

Post a Comment