Thursday, September 08, 2005

Sushi Anyone

One of the Blogs I read today got me thinking about why I never really talk about my life in Vancouver, BC. Really I don't have an answer for it, except for the fact that I miss Switzerland so much. Maybe it's the fact that I don't feel like I have a home just yet either. I'm still in the process of getting my residency here and I'm nowhere near finished.

It got me thinking about Geant (just outside of Basel in St. Louis, France) and how I could always find great cheap sushi in the store when I wanted to have it. The trick was just to go there in the early hours of the day to pick it up before everyone else bought it. For those who don't know about Geant, it's a large store that's like the Superstore in Canada or Walmart.

But what is funny and what I don't understand is how there are more Sushi Restaurants in Vancouver than Starbucks. I'm sure of it, but I don't have evidence to really back up my statement. But if you ever come to Vancouver, seek out some Sushi because it's practically as cheap as buying a coffee.



Here's some Quick evidence for support:
Where my boyfriend lives, I can count about 5 Sushi Restaurants in a 4 block radius where there is actually only one Starbucks. Take the 2 bubble tea places which are next to each other and across the street, and boy do you have an ugly combination. So there you have it, I could get my Sushi fix back in Switzerland as well as getting it now in Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment