Saturday, November 05, 2005

Basic Canadian Facts

One of the coolest Canadian shows I have seen since I moved to Canada, is a show called This Hour Has 22 Minutes, a CBC news satire by Rick Mercer. Although I don't get to catch the show that much, I'd like to thank Expat for reminding me about how great this show really is.

The show really has me rolling on the floor every time I watch it. Rick Mercer has a real nack for bsing people. Some of the things he says, I could see how they could get some Americans but really it shows how much Americans don't know about other Countries, specifically Canada.

Here are a few great examples:

DID YOU KNOW that the capital of Canada recently relocated from Ottawa to Toronto? Former Vice-President Al Gore did!

DID YOU KNOW that a Canadian minute is actually longer than an American minute due to a strange anomaly in the space-time continuum? Iowa Governor Thomas Vilsack did!

Be sure to check out all of the great clips plus this one too. You might just find a new favorite tv show yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment