Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Rays of Sunshine

I woke up this morning to the weather forecaster joking that we actually might see a little sunlight today. Then I went out for my 45 minute jaunt and I actually saw a little bit of sunlight. We actually saw bits and pieces of blue in the sky rather than a straight down pour of rain we have been experiencing. It looked a bit like the photo except more blue since it's earlier in the day.

Last night Vancouver had a lot of rain, enough to make it difficult to fall asleep. In fact yesterday I think it rained something like 51cm. That's a big chunk of rain for one day. I was just very happy to not go outside thinking that I actually need an umbrella. You know that type of rain that just soaks you to the core, we've been having that for the past 25 days or so. It all started just after our wedding and once my parents left to go back home. They were tricked into thinking Vancouver is just fine with the weather...

But before I get too excited about this break, I'm doubtful it will be around for more than another few hours. I'll leave you with another one of my favorite places to walk every morning while I was living in Montreux. The weather in this photos reminds me of what it is like for us here today.

No comments:

Post a Comment