Saturday, April 14, 2007

Restaurant Saloniki on Google Earth

When ET and I visited Switzerland in 2005, we spent a few days at her friend Pascal's family home in Lenzburg. He is a very friendly Swiss person who is also fluent in English, which I was very grateful for, as my Swiss-German is non-existent. One evening, we all crossed the border into Germany for some Greek food, and to meet with some friends that knew ET from her previous time spent in Switzerland. They were Hanz-Klaus and his lovely wife (unfortunately I forget her name) who are also Pascal's aunt and uncle. The restaurant is called Saloniki.

We had a wonderful dinner complemented by very entertaining conversations. We were sitting on the restaurants terrace overlooking the beautiful Rhine river.

Today I was exploring Google Earth, which came with my new computer, and I decided to look around Switzerland for fun. I was surprised at how easy I was able to find places I knew. Encouraged, I decided to look for Restaurant Saloniki. It wasn't too hard thanks to ET, because she saved the business card that had the address on it. Isn't she wonderful?

I'm 99.9% sure that the building with the thumb-tack is the restaurant. Hopefully Pascal with visit and confirm!

p.