Sunday, June 03, 2007

North Vancouver Dining

I was tagged by the one and only Tor with The Eating Out Meme. I've been too busy to even think about posting but I'm finally getting to it now!

These are the rules:
1. Link to the name of the person who tagged you.
2. Include the state and country in which you live.
3. List your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location (locally).
4. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.


There are so many places to eat out in the greater Vancouver area, so I'll pick a few that I frequent the most often. P & I both are not that big on eating out so it is a little more difficult for me to decide on these places.

We tend to stick to North Vancouver because we enjoy walking to our eating destinations the most. I have many more favorite Sushi places but I've narrowed it down to the 5 most recent eats we enjoy often. As well, we will be at the center of attention come 2010 Olympics.


1) Marina Grill - located on the shores of the Burrard Inlet where the Second Narrows Bridge starts in North Vancouver. This is a hidden gem to the untrained eye. But if you've been there once, you'll always want to come back. We prefer eating brunch there as they have anything and everything we just love. Our favorites are eggs, hash browns, toast, salmon and coffee in some sort of combination. We love sitting on the patio after our Saturday morning workouts.

2) Colosseum Pizza and Steak - Some of the best pizza around. We love going into this place for a private dinner. It is a bit pricey for wine, salad and pizza but we still love it because it's part of North Vancouver. As well, we enjoy supporting local family restaurants in the area when we can. If you are looking to take your time and have a private candle like setting, this is the place. Plus for us, it's a short walk down the road.

3) Memphis Blues Barbeque House (North Vancouver) - If you are missing those ever tasty ribs and have a few people who want beer and fun entertainment, this is the place. Pricey are a bit higher than what I did expect but the ambiance and people are part of the fun. You need to come early if you want to actually get a place to sit and eat. We've celebrated a good friends birthday here and nearly took over the small restaurant. Fun taste of Tennessee.

4) Mythos Greek Food - A Nice place to have a more expensive meal. I remember having the most incredible rack of lamb last time. It nearly melted in my mouth. They truly know how to cook a great meal here. Although I still miss the ambiance and service of my favorite restaurant located on the Swiss/German border of Switzerland.

5) Indian Fusion - We love this place for it's great ambiance and Indian Food. The meals are perfect portions so you don't over eat. We split our meals and add rice and it's perfect. Indian food is a little pricey in Vancouver but this place is well worth it.

If you want to do this meme, feel free. I'm sure I can do this meme over again for a few more areas of the world... Next stop Switzerland...


Please stay tuned as I'll have a new life this week... LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment