Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Mini Island Vacation

For May long weekend we decided to head up island to enjoy the beach and a long vacation weekend.  That's about as far as we want to go right now and about as much time away from work as we are getting at the moment.

We stayed in Parksville, BC, which is famous for it's Sand Castle building contest along with km's of beaches that can be enjoyed during low tides.  Parksville is definitely is one of my favorite places to visit on the island.  But that's just where I have visited so far, which just isn't enough!

Here are a few pics from our trip.

Cammie being ultra cute one morning

Miles of beach and the view of the mainland

Walking onto the beach

Low tide and so much area of beach to walk on

Little hands walking

Taking Daddy for a walk!

I love mom's glasses

Dad those are crazy lizards!

That fern just tickled me!

Leading dad around the butterfly world

Enjoying exploring inside butterfly world

My big kid straw

Looking like I'm eating

My first time eating ice cream, i loved it!

So happy playing!

Look out!

Playground heaven!

Going down the stairs on my tummy like I learned

Throwing rocks into the water - at high tide

Hiding my rock and looking like I own the place!
She keeps getting cuter by the day!  Our first trip was for the most part a success.  I think the hardest part is just keeping them occupied enough to eat and find foods Cammie can eat that aren't chocked up with salt!

6 comments:

  1. beautiful! looks like a great little vacation - I find those to be theee best these days!
    p.S. awesome stair technique! - BB had this one under his belt too when he was learning to walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, she's adorable. We love Parksville too. It's so nice for kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie pie! I love the one with the straw!
    Take Care,
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing these posts, Jen, as though I were her g'ma! Isn't that strange?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a lovely trip. i am new here and i am blogging about my life as an expat in Saskatchewan

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is simply adorable, lovely trip and pictures!!

    ReplyDelete