Monday, August 20, 2007

My New Camera

I've been shopping around for a new point and shoot for a full year now. The problem I found was either I was unimpressed with the camera features or with the high price tag of the camera. I couldn't justify buying anything out there on the market because I just felt virtually every point and shoot camera left out too much compared to my DSL I already owned. I walked in and out of camera stores a lot!

This all changed 2 weekends ago when the price of my new Cannon G7 was just too good to pass up. I bought this camera for it's impressive features such as panoramic mode, awesome video mode, it's compact size in a 10mp camera, and a compliment to my Nikon DSL camera I already owned.

Here are a few check lists I went through figuring out the right camera for me.

1. Reason for use - any time I didn't lug around my big camera, I wanted to use this one.
2. Photo Quality - High photo quality was a must. This is hard to find in a point in shoot.
3. Features - Great Zoom Features and Great wide angle lens features.
4. Price - It's a point and shoot, I didn't want to pay DSL prices.
5. Compatibility - Ability to compliment my current camera without hang ups.
6. Add-ons - I saw a way to grow with this camera if I wanted to do so.

And in case you are wondering, what other cameras might match up, here are a few choices.
1. Cannon G7
2. Cannon 800IS
3. Nikon Coolpix P5000
4. Sony DSC-N2

I basically read reviews from users who bought these cameras on dpreview.com or versions comparable on the market. I then went to CNET and read a few more reviews there. If you are looking for a new camera, way in what you want in your camera and decide. For me, it was very important to have high photo quality, so that added to determining which camera I might buy.

Lastly, shop around for a great price! Many deals are happening now and in Feb or March. If you aren't completely satisfied, wait for the right time. It will come around eventually.

My Next goal, to post a few more pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment