Thursday, November 24, 2005

Celebrating The Holiday Season

As people in the states celebrate Thanksgiving, many other people in the world are going on with their normal lives. I am always starting my day 9 hours later than I wish. But the only way I could curb that is by living in Europe. I'm one of those people working today too and we won't be having anything that would resemble a turkey dinner unless I decide to make it all myself. And that just isn't going to happen.

But I remember my last Thanksgiving which was in 2003 while I was living in Switzerland. I was off of work and invited to a Thanksgiving weekend dinner in Biel. Since everything was so different, it was by far my most favorite. I enjoyed spending time with my friends and meeting new expats. All of us were missing our normal Thanksgiving dinner but somehow we felt wonderful to be together. The flat we were in was just remarkable. It had high ceilings and an incredible outside patio. The people who lived in this flat considered it to be small but for my friends and I, we knew it was very large, especially for something in Biel. Definitely something I remember now that I seem to miss all of my holiday meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment