Thursday, January 26, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom

It's my mom's birthday today, along with Australia Day too. Ironically our birthday's are exactly two weeks apart. So if my birthday is on a Thursday, hers is also. P and I both sent E-cards since we are so good at sending birthday cards in the mail. But I did better this year and sent her a present in the mail. She found a package containing a photo album full of photos of our family plus P since she even calls him her son. Isn't that sweet.

I'm not really sure how old she is. After I turned 29 last year, she didn't think it was appropriate anymore to say she was 29 again. But since this year I'm actually 30, I'm still wondering if she is still turning 39 again.

Ironically this is about the 5th year since my grandmother died. She actually had a heart attack on my mom's birthday. It was the first time ever in my mom's life that she never got an early happy birthday call from her mother. It makes me a little sad thinking about it and it must be a bit hard for my mom each year now knowing that her mother would have been there to call if it weren't for what happened. Since then, I've just tried to make up for it that much more. I know I can't replace that wonderful feeling but I try...

Happy 39th Birthday Mom! And Young at Heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment