Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Downer Of A Monday

My monday didn't exactly start off so well. I woke up with major stomach pains which promoted me to stay awake way too early. I thought it would pass soon afterwards but my body had different things in mind.

Most of my life I couldn't make up any excuse to being sick because when swim practice came the response from my coach always was "well get into the water and swim for 20 minutes if you can make it here" and then we will go from there.

I managed to talk myself into being okay and I think some of that "stick it out and be tough" hangs on to my notion of how I can make it through each day. "Make sure you can fake" it is usually how I survive. I wasn't that bad though because blogged a bit, but then rested on the couch before making the walk up to work. I was able to sneak in a nap which was much needed and seemed to be out cold most of the day. Good thing I am basically my own boss!

Sure I was dopped up on Tylenol all day but I managed to eat a meal by dinner time but I was in and out of feeling incredibly terrible. After finishing work, I was home just after 7pm and straight into bed. I was still feeling aweful and was glad to fall asleep.

But the good news is when I woke up this morning, I was a different person. I'm not 100% but I'm thinking I got a moderate case of food poisoning ** or the Stomach flu (thanks la page francais). Whatever I ate on Sunday, my body couldn't handle, neither could my muscles. One thing is still the same, doctor isn't in my vocabulary. I've had a few cases of food poisoning while I was in Switzerland and it just wasn't fun. It felt quite the same so I'm guessing that since all of my muscles ached and my stomach was in knots all day long, it's at least the best excuse I can find.

I'm happy I'm fast recovering and that's a good thing since the weather here is lovely, maybe a good 26C today with blue skies. One things for sure, Tuesday is looking a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment