Sunday, July 02, 2006

Vive Le Tour

Well cycling fans, it's Le Tour time. Le tour de France to be exact. It's that much anticipated time of the year that I'm glued to OLN watching the race. I'm not sure why I'm so drawn to it but maybe I have some ideas why.

I know there are a few fans out there too. Hexe actually planned to be there watching the race since they happened to be staying in the area.

Yesterday marked the prologue which was won by Thor Hushovd. George Hincappie who is my personal favorite this year, came in second by 7 tenths of a second. He now has the yellow jersey for the win in stage one's race which took place in Strasbourg today.

I picked this photo because it has a bit of sentimental value to it. It's my bike that I bought in Switzerland. Sure it's not a racing bike but it's the bike that took me throughout much of the rolling hills Switzerland, into France and along into Germany.

The photo was taken in Villeneuve along Lac Leman. You can see the boat in the background. I used to take this ride at least once a week in the summer months, usually getting caught in a t-storm at some point too. That's Montreux in June and July for ya though! Gotta love it...

This photo I took around July 15th as Paris was getting ready for the Tour to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment