The biggest attraction is the great "hot wine" and typical food from Finland underneath the big tent. If you'd like to go ice skating, it's 7CHF to get on the ice from 11am until 9pm. Yes they close early in this sleepy family town.
This article in 24 heures reminded me of what I got to look at while they worked nearly 1 month to put up the Montreux Marche du Noel.
Some of the newest attraction for Montreux Christmas include:
- the new 2006 ice skating rink & ICE BAR
- "the home of Father Christmas" perched at the top of "Rochers-de-Naye" (2032 m above sea-level)
- "Father Christmas' workshop" in the Christmas Market
- the Fairy Tale Festival at Chillon Castle and under the Marquee of Fairy Tales amidst the Christmas Market. (The Blown Glass exhibit is what interest me!)
- the exhibition of the Nativities of Naples (at Inno Les Galeries in Montreux)
- from Friday, November 24th 2006
to Sunday, December 24th 2006
- Monday through Saturday: 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Be sure to check out the great photos from previous markets. Now I'm definitely wishing I could join in on the fun this year!
I also hear there are Christmas Markets in Lausanne and Basel.