Sunday, December 17, 2006

P's Corner - Spaced Out Sundays

Thank you to ET for allowing me to post today. I thought I'd share with you some beautiful pictures on a topic that has always fascinated me: Astronomy.

This is the Witch Head Nebula, located about 1,000 light years from Earth (Can you see the Witch? Hint: She's looking towards the right):

Image Data: Digitized Sky Survey Color Composite: Noel Carboni

Living in Northern countries such as Canada allows for the viewing of Auroras. Although I've never been lucky enough to capture one myself, I've managed to find a few spectacular shots I'll share with you today:

Photo Credit: Yuichi Takasaka

The above shot was taken over the city of Whitehorse, Yukon.

Photo Credit: Jody Majko

This one was taken over the city of Winnipeg, Manitoba.

That's all folks, see you next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment