I just have to laugh at this post. Really I had to think hard on what I could post as a photo because I rarely take photos of what I cook. One photo I came across made me laugh and smile, so I figured that was my pick.
I've been dreaming of cooked seafood/fish!
Don't they just look happy?
(Jokes) - pic taken at Lonsdale Quay Market in North Vancouver
Does anybody know the name of this fish?
I feel like I want to go touch the mouth...
Speaking of cooking, this is the recipe I want to delve into soon!
2 dozen mussels
1/2 c. cornmeal
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. crushed garlic
1 tbsp. Tabasco
1/4 c. white wine (water can be substituted)
Pinch crushed red pepper
Pinch salt (if necessary)
1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
1. Remove string-like beard from mussel by pulling and cleaning outside shell if necessary discard any that will not stay closed.
2. Place in large pot and completely cover with water.
3. Stir in cornmeal and place in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. (This will purge most sand from inside.)
4. Drain and rinse off mussels.
5. In a large saucepan heat oil, garlic and Tabasco until light brown.
6. Toss mussels in and stir until coated.
7. Pour wine (or water) in pot add red pepper and cover.
8. Bring to boil and stir occasionally until all shells open. (Some may not, but can be forced.) 9. Taste sauce and add season if necessary.
10. Remove mussels to large bowl, add cilantro to sauce and pour over top. Serve with bread or over pasta.