Monday, April 19, 2010

My Lucky Day

I heard a ring on the phone this morning, thinking P was playing a prank on us, but that wasn't the case.  The Fedex man came to deliver an envelope to me.  I signed and he handed over my envelope.  I was definitely scared as I was thinking my passport application was being returned because of something I must have filled out wrong.  But to my surprise, I was given a receipt, and both old and new passports.  Process completed in less than 2 weeks!!!!!

Here's a look at what they are like:


This is the old passport.  Mine was from back in the year 2000.

This is the design of the new passport (obviously not mine).


And the front of the new passport book which seems to be way more rigid.




I was totally impressed, amazed at the current turn around time for a passport.  Maybe I just got lucky because I actually mailed them off via Fedex Priority on Tuesday April 6th and received the passport back on Monday April 19th morning.  I payed the normal fees but had to use priority service since I couldn't track my passport from Canada in any other way.

Way to go US passport office - I'm clearly impressed!  My plans to travel might be closer than I had planned!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:20 PM

    Wow, you look... different :-P

    (Sorry, somebody had to make the joke!)

    The new passport is very artistic with the eagle and the flag. Maybe a bit too much actually!

    I bet French passports changed too. I got my last one 7 years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that they process them faster when you live out of the country. I had to have mine done a couple of years ago, just at the time the new travel laws were coming into place. Back in the US people were waiting 2-3 months for renewals, I got mine in 8 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Time to make some travel plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:43 AM

    So glad I found your blog. I might be relocating to Vancouver in 3 years and I look forward to learning more about through expat eyes! (i'm an american expat living in sweden for 1 more year.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ashes should be diminishing now (we all hope so) and you can start your travel plans!! of course I said Hello to CH for you, but I bet you'd rather do it in person ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two years ago I got my passport back in 11 days which really shocked me. I think that they were finally back on track again. So where are you going to travel? We would love to go to Germany/Europe again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray, that was a quick response.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAAAAAY. Don't you love it when things happen like that...in a positive way! Sometimes we can actually believe in the system. :)

    ReplyDelete