Friday, February 03, 2006

How Sweet It Is

http://www.pastrywiz.com/chocolate/chocolate26.htmLast night I decided to walk home from work. It wasn't all that far, only 30 minutes with a stop into the local grocery store. But what was so sweet about it was that I didn't get rained on until after I had gotten home and was all cozy on the sofa enjoying my sweet Swiss chocolate.

I'm not so sure if I could have timed things better last night, but I also think the Swiss have timed their entrance into International chocolate markets just as well as I did last night.

The Swiss chocolate producers have reported their sweetest success ever in 2005 with sales of SFr1.47 billion ($1.14 billion). The success is mainly due to International markets such as Germany and the US, but I'm sure Canada isn't far behind because every time I walk into a store I see Swiss chocolate.

Since my love for chocolate is shared my many, I thought I'd share an incredible receipe I found to celebrate Switzerland's biggest profits of all time. Although I'm sure the Swiss will have to dream up a good marketing plan to keep profits growing, I'm still going to be buying the stuff I love most.

Receipe by Pastrywiz - Flourless Bittersweet Chocolate Cake with Milk Chocolate Drizzle

Flourless Chocolate Cake
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons cognac
6 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided

Chocolate Glaze
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons honey

Assembly
1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves

Garnish
3 ounces milk chocolate, melted

If it sounds good enough to make, you can find the receipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment