Sunday, October 07, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend Canada

As most of you might forget, this weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada. Some of the traditions are the same as in the US, but many are just slightly different. The biggest difference is the time of year Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving and how much Americans tend to forget this.

It's always fun to go back and see how life was just two years ago on Thanksgiving weekend as we were getting ready to have a wedding, sort of.

A bit of history about today is as follows thanks to Wikipedia:

While the actual Thanksgiving holiday is on a Monday, Canadians might eat their Thanksgiving meal on any day of the three day weekend. (We are eating tonight with friends.)

In Canada, Thanksgiving is often celebrated with family, it is also often a time for weekend getaways for couples to observe the autumn leaves, spend one last weekend at the cottage or participate in various outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing and hunting.

I'm not so sure people in Vancouver would really choose to be outdoors as it has been pouring rain. But my heart is set to go photograph those leaves.

In other news, my training has picked up again for swimming. I even swim early tomorrow morning since I don't have work. I'm quite busy these days and am so surprised I have time to breath and look at a blog. I'm working on making some changes as that is not what I wish upon myself, to never have time to enjoy anything..

No comments:

Post a Comment