Wednesday, March 02, 2011

An Update

So as many of you know our due date was March 1st. March 2nd is already here and there is still no sign that the baby wants to say hello to the world. We had our normal appointment today and everything looks perfect, so rather than rock the boat we will just wait and see for now. We have our fingers crossed the baby will be arriving by the weekend at some point. But as usual, I'm the one who gets my patience tested the most and I've gotten used to just waiting these days funny enough.

I'm keeping busy with visitors and trying to be up and walking as much as possible. Last weekend was a different story as I got sick with a sinus head cold and felt so miserable. Luckily that has passed and I'm nearly back up 100% and ready anytime for baby to arrive!

Hopefully the next update will be some good news!

** Just a quick update - no activity yet! Baby is collecting way too much free rent inside and needs to come out, but seems way too content to sleep most of the day and then be awake from dinner until morning. We have an appt at the hospital today (Monday March 7th) so possibly we will know more soon.**

9 comments:

  1. Oh I feel for you! My son was 15 days late, and I am telling you that the last 15 days were longer than the first 40 weeks! Fingers crossed for a delivery soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh, exciting times! The baby will be here so soon, be it a couple days or a week or 2... I know, the waiting does feel like forever, but once he/she is here, the time will fly uncontrollably quickly! The baby is greatfully allowing you some more time to rest up! ;)
    Can't wait for more news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Andrea's, my son was 15 days late...sorry about that!! wishing you a soon delivery!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the baby is taking its sweet time. wishing you a safe delivery and sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:15 PM

    I think most first babies are a bit late. Funny thing is, one of my friends explained me than she had her delivery date estimated by a French doctor and then another Canadian doctor and they both disagreed by two weeks! Apparently, the method to calculate it is different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And? Still waiting?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The good news is that they all finally come out! HA! It seems unbearably long when it's happening to you, I know. It's Monday now and I have my fingers crossed that no news is good news.

    Does P. know how to write a post??? (hint, hint)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We cross our fingers.
    My daughter was 2 weeks "overtime", so was my first Son.
    Relaxe and look forward to the dream meeting your own baby very soon;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe the baby wants you to keep guessing his arrival. He is just playing with you. Play along and be patient. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete