Tuesday, October 17, 2006

300,000,000

That's one large number and it's also now the population of the US. But it got me thinking, doesn't that also include all expats who aren't living in the country? Sort of funny when you think of it that way...

If it was according to the last census, I still would have been counted because I lived in California in the year 2000. But I'm also counted in the Canadian census which is against the law not to fill out. They've still had their fair share of problems getting those forms back by the way...

It also got me thinking that how small of a population exists in Switzerland, only 7.5 million. And what's even stranger or harder for me to fathom is the US already had a population of about 70 million back in the 1800's...

What's harder to fathom is that most kids think they need a mobile/cellular phone. WHY?? Probably because most kids these days have no since of what things cost!

On one last note, we had some 31cm of rain from Sunday to Monday. That amount was actually more than we had all summer. I'm sure the trees are really happy today. I'd just be happier if I had more time to photograph the picture perfect sunsets we've been having.

No comments:

Post a Comment