Monday, February 19, 2007

My First Canadian Masters

So I survived my first Canadian swim meet with flying colors. I'd say the success was more on the social end as I got to know many more of the dedicated morning swimmers. You see our team is made up of 4 pools and numerous different workout times. I normally swim with the noon masters group, consisting of usually myself and one training partner, and just started swimming additional workouts in the morning. So I got to know these people a lot better and I got to help them out with some stroke questions. We've actually got some really impressive masters swimmers.

Here's something quite impressive to hear. Our 60 year old friend finished his first ever 200 m butterfly. There were only 2 people who swam the event! Our relay is only 9 seconds off the record for an over 240 years group. And we have a few athletes who can get us there! Now I'd like to be part of that group some day, as I've got a long ways to go.

If you want to know the results, I'd rather wait until they come in but it looks like from January, I held the top times. I swam quite a few events in fact.

Here were my first 25m times
Relay - unknown 50 fly
100 IM 1:15.21
100Back 1:13
100 Breast 1:23.3
50 Fly 33.33
50 fr in relay unknown

I guess my focus for the next meet is going to be longer distances. I have my eye on 2 or 3 events right now, so we shall see.
The meet was action packed and even a bit of a Chinese new years relay celebration ensued during the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment