Monday, October 06, 2008

Sheryl Crow Detours


Sheryl Crow
Originally uploaded by lightgazer
Last night I was busy watching an incredible woman as Sheryl Crow came to visit us in Victoria. Sheryl put on an awesome show and she's as beautiful as ever at 46 years old! She spoke about her son, engagements and broken ones, surviving cancer and some about politics in the US.

Her show was a mix of old and new. She played nearly all of her new album Detours and brought the crowd to cheers for 3 last songs before exiting the stage at nearly 11pm. She also had 2 other bands before her starting at 7pm sharp, one of which was The Jim Cuddy Band.

Her new songs from the night range from the demise of a relationship to Lance Armstrong, the adoption of the man in her life - Wyatt, a public bout with breast cancer, the war in Iraq ("Peace Be Upon Us," featuring Arabic lyrics sung by Ahmed Al Hirmi), environmental disaster ("Gasoline" featuring Ben Harper), and the ravaged New Orleans of Hurricane Katrina ("Love Is Free").

I believe Sheryl is now off to Seattle and has ended her stay in Canada. I'll be reliving her inspiring spirit for months to come.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:24 PM

    I like the new template!

    I'd love to see Sheryl live, I bet she's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see her in concert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE SHERYL CROW

    ReplyDelete