Friday, March 31, 2006

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
Name 3 things that you think are strange.

1. How the sun can rise earlier in one place, while the sun will set later in another place which the sun rose in the other place later that exact same day. Confusing? good...
2. How you can't recollect what happened while you were asleep.
3. How you can actually be a day ahead of another part of the world because it should just be like everyone is on the same time always.... (I know how it all works but still.)

Soup
What was the last ceremony you attended?

I'm not 100% sure on this one, but it could have been my brother's university graduation a few years back. I actually had to trek via train from Geneva in June, then to California for about 10 days and back. I loved being so independent while traveling on the train back to Switzerland.

Salad
What is one lesson you have learned in the past year?

As I sit wishing to attain my investment goals, I could have had over a 20% return if I was ready to dive into the market. Yet the vagueness of the statement really doesn't make sense without more information. If you lived in Vancouver, you'd probably understand.

Main Course
Tell us about one of your childhood memories.
I always wanted to travel. I remember when I was two, during playground time, I'd climb to the highest monkey bars and want to jump over the fence and fly away as far as my hawk eyes could travel. I'd sit there and dream big dreams of always being far away from where I was living. And yes these thoughts were while I was in my 2's and 3's and 4's, but certainly not before I was 5 as I was in junior kindergarten and my brother was born. I still remember the nursery school name to this day.

Dessert
If you could extend any of the four seasons to be twice as long as normal, which season would you want to lengthen?

Summer of course. Only because the days are so long and so wonderful. You can travel to so many places in this world and enjoy those long days. If the season was twice as long, vacations might just be that way too. Ah could you imagine 10 wks of summer off of working, well only 4 if you were in north america typically but still...




This is a view of the Dents du Midi from my backyard in Montreux. I used to gaze out to these mountains for hours at a time in the summer months.

Here's the link to join in on Friday's Feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment