Monday, November 26, 2007

The Roar Award


Canadian Swiss has nominated me for the "Roar" award. I'd be happy to spread the cheer and pass on the honor.

Here are the details: Those people I've given this award to are encouraged to post it on their own blogs; list three things they believe are necessary for good, powerful writing; and then pass the award on to the five blogs they want to honour, who in turn pass it on to five others, etc., etc. Let's send a roar through the blogsphere! The image at the top right can be copied and pasted onto other blogs. Also, a small size of the award for sidebars can be found over at the writing circle site.

I think that’s pretty cool, don’t you? Okay. So let’s start.

I originally started my blog for a handful of reasons. I wanted to start blogging, improve my writing, wanted to see SEO wise how the blog would function, I wanted to keep in touch with Europe and finally I met so many interesting friends and connections that I wanted to keep on blogging. Blogging for me is where I can connect to people as being an expat can get lonely at times. I think my blog title sums up what I blog is about, mainly Switzerland, my wonderful husband in Canada and photography.


A Great blog:
1. Is updated regularly.
2. Keeps your readers involved.
3. Gives you a great laugh and picks you up when you are down.

Now to my awards (first random people):

Just Call Me Mausi (Christina) - She grew up in Vancouver, Canada and found herself on the other side of the pond in Germany with 2 beautiful kids and a lovely husband. Her baking and organization skills are incredible while mixing in a bit of zesty ideas. Best of all, I've gotten to meet her entire family.

Letters From Home - A blog I recently found because of the expat meet up from Christina's blog. Ian's writing style is incredible and I'm so glad he's such a great writer and blogging joy to read.

Renny's Terella in Norway
- My wonderful blogging friend who has been a loyal reader from the beginning of his blogging debut. He loves all things Norway and is a network evangelist. He's hooked many into reading his wonderful blog about Norway.

Ms - Mac - An expat Scottish/Aussie transplanted into Switzerland. She's got 3 little darlings, a wonderful husband, lots o humor, great posts, and makes me miss Switzerland with all of her great and funny photos. She's had her blog much longer than me and I just enjoy all that she has to say.

My French Window - A fellow expat living in Switzerland with her French husband and 3 bilingual children. Pumpkins is also an aspiring photographer.

So there. It was a difficult choice to choose only five, but you can find my blogroll on my sidebar. It’s there for a reason, you know. ;)

I've also left off a few people just so others can send them awards. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment